Saturday 7 April 2012

Happy Memories

When my eldest daughter was a little girl (she's 29 now) she was my Sasha pal. I came across a couple of photos she took so thought my friends here might like to see them. In the one above, it was clearly Heather's birthday party :-) From left the dolls were James, Andrea, Natalie, Sam, Heather, Alberto and you can just see Elizabeth's hair. The only one still here is Andrea.


Andrea and Heather doing a spot of busking. Andrea's Tiered Yoke Dress was made for me by Evalyn Stiles and the pattern was in Friends of Sasha Vol 6 Number 3 Fall 1994


My daughter and I had many happy hours sewing together and here are some of the things she made, some all by herself and some with a little help

As you can see she was very fond of this skirt pattern, and every Sasha had to have a matching school skirt :-)





Happy times :-)

10 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing!
    Have a Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much and Happy Easter to you too

      Delete
  2. How wonderful that you still have these photographs, sounds like you and your daughter used to have a lovely time together enjoying the Sashas.

    Have a very Happy Easter Mikki.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lorriane. I miss my two small girls, I know I still have them but they're not my little girls any more are they - our children are only on loan. Maybe I'll have some grandchildren one day :-)

      Happy Easter to you too

      Delete
  3. Lovely pictures and very talented young lady at that time with the sewing. Heathers dress reminds me very much of the seventies styles.
    Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dee. If I remember rightly, that dress was made by Peggy Mickalson. Happy Easter to you too

      Delete
  4. lovely photos mikki, your brunette boy was absolutely stunning.....i liked seeing the patterns with the clothes you and your daughter made, i have a whole lot of those patterns but i think ive got pattern dyslexia as i dont understand a word of the instructions !....but maybe i shall get them out for another read....your new girl is lovely and your others look wonderful in their new clothes, hope you had a lovely easter day ......sarah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sarah. I was lucky enough to buy a huge stack of those Doll Carriage and Sandra Horn patterns many years ago. I don't think we took much notice of the instructions tbh, just assembled the pieces somehow or other :-)

      Happy Easter to you too

      Delete
  5. Lovely photos and gorgeous dolls, particularly like the look of Natalie & Alberto. The party looks like it was a lot of fun, lovely clothes that your daughter made, I do like all the matching school skirts, the swimming costumes are really cute too. Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Cathy. There were a lot of parties for dolls and teddies in our house in those days - my younger girl was more of a teddy fan, and especially loved her Sooty, Sweep & Soo hand puppets. Every couple of weeks some doll or bear's birthday would be announced and then we had to wrap presents and bake buns etc. A birthday tea would be set out on a cloth on the floor and the dog would be invited and made to wear a napkin :-)

      Delete